In this policy, “us”, “we” or “our” means GSDTV/ Blackstone Studio (ABN 84 154 740 313). Your privacy matters to us whether you are new to our service or are a long time user. Please read this policy carefully as its set out the way we handle your “personal information”.
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Act”).
What is personal information
When used in this policy, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Act. In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and possibly financial information, including your credit card information.
What personal information do we collect and hold
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or your date of birth;
- credit card information;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our website or online presence through our representatives or otherwise, or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time;
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may also collect additional information about your interaction with GSDTV websites/services/products. For example, we use website analytics tools on our websites to retrieve information about your usage of GSDTV services. We also use technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our sites and services. Additionally, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems, gather demographic and behavioural information and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute or is not associated with personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else, the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
Our websites, products and services may contain electronic images known as “web beacons” – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on our sites and allow us to count users who have visited. We may include web beacons on all webpages on our website/products/services in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We may also employ web beacons from third parties in order to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the operations of our websites. We prohibit web beacons on our websites from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information.
Cookies must be enabled in your browser or device in order to use GSDTV services.
When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mails from us, we may use web beacons (described above), customised links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you with more focused e-mail communications or other information.
How we collect personal information
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
We do this in various ways including:
- through your access and use of our website and apps;
- during communications between you and our representatives;
- when you register your interest to access a free trial or to access GSDTV services;
- when you make an inquiry or a complaint;
- when you participate in a GSDTV survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign; and/or
- when you create a GSDTV account or use GSDTV services.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- social media accounts and services, where you consent to us collecting such information from those services, including when you sign up to GSDTV services or connect your third party social networking service profile to GSDTV services;
- mailing lists;
How we store personal information
We may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about you, including information that we receive from third parties. We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure including by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
Generally we only use personal information for the primary purpose for which we collect information about you or for another closely related secondary purposes. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to assess your application for GSDTV services;
- to provide products and services to you;
- to provide you with news, information or advice about our existing and new products and services;
- to provide you with more effective customer service;
- to communicate with you including by email, mail or telephone;
- to manage, operate and enhance our products and services;
- to personalise and customise your experience;
- to provide you with access to our service;
- to conduct competitions or promotions on our behalf and on behalf of selected third parties;
- to conduct business processing functions for operation of our website, our service or our business;
- for our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors, partners or external service providers;
- for displaying content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences;
- to verify your identity;
- to provide as part of business data to third parties if you have authorised us to do so;
- to provide your updated personal information to us, our contractors or external service providers;
- for credit verification purposes, transactions, fraud and credit worthiness;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your personal information.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information
If you do not provide us with the personal information described in this policy, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you requested, either to the same standard, or at all (for example, if you do not create a GSDTV account, you will not be able to access GSDTV services); and/or
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions.
How do we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, or external service providers for the operation of our websites or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise in connection with providing our products and services to you, including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment and other transaction processors, photographic analysers, promotions agencies, customer support providers, statistical analysis providers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2004 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
In addition, at any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (details below) or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link). We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you.
If you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us using the details provided below.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We will not charge for simply making a request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be times where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
How to contact us
For all customer service and account queries, please submit a request via GSDTV Helpdesk page and our customer service team will get in touch with you shortly.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. All complaints received will be assessed by our Privacy Officer and all reasonable steps (if any) will be taken to remedy the complaint. Our representative will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receipt of the complaint by our Customer Service Officer.
Please contact our Customer Service Officer at:
Post: PO BOX Box 45, Booval Fair, QLD 4304
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information to our external service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- our data hosting and Cloud-based IT service providers;
- other external technology partners and service providers located in the United States and the European Union; and
- other third parties operating in jurisdictions including the United States and the European Union where you have authorised us to do so.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.